winter is my favorite season and the snow makes it even better. there is a storm blowing through connecticut right now so i have declared today a snow day for letter C. to celebrate you can save 25% off your order until tomorrow night. just use the coupon code “snowday” during checkout.
on a snow day i work from home (not because i don’t like to drive in the snow, but mostly because i don’t like to clear my car of snow at the end of the day). i don’t work from home often since orders need to get out, so the days i do work at home are a nice change of pace where i plan, draw and work on new products. it also means there is soup on the stove (this is simmering right now) and a lot of looking out the windows (the view is much better than an auto body shop).
there is a new item in the shop just in time for valentine’s day – glassine treat bags. the bags are hand foil stamped in fun metallic colors like gold, silver and red – all great for valentine’s day and weddings. fill the bags with candies, gift cards, little notes or homemade goodies.
the last few months have been all about calendars, planners, notebooks and more calendars …
with a some other fun gifts in-between.
i snuck away for a couple of days to portsmouth, new hampshire with my sister and her family.
a little bit of christmas cheer came to the studio. instead of an advent calendar i did 12 days of gifts with my nieces and nephew (although i still owe them 3 days).
at home i did a little kitchen organizing and now want go out and buy tons of stuff to put in glass jars.
just like everybody else, i am getting organized for the year. here are my calendar choices for 2014.
1. kraft wall calendar for my studio. i see so much color everyday i try to keep things nice and simple on the walls – and when i finally paint the walls from the horrible blue and green to white this year the kraft calendar will look that much better. i also have the kraft background on my studio computer.
2. patterned wall calendar for my home. this will go in the kitchen and the colors will add just the right pop to my white walls and yellow countertops. to go with the calendar i have the patterned background on my computer at home.
3. monthly planner for keeping track of bills. this is the perfect size to record bills i need to pay and money coming in. if it is an actual bill i clip it in and write the amount on the date and all other bills i just mark the date and amount.
4. kraft monthly sheets for projects. i have been using this type of calendar for years. i am happy to see that these sheets and the spiral version has taken off so well. these calendars and the sheet next to them are so great for planning large projects with lots of little deadlines. when something overwhelming is coming up being able to make a task list and then mapping them out week by week makes a huge difference. i use them with a binder so any relevant paper work or more sketching pages can easily be added and taken out.
5. a travel notebook for daily lists. almost everyday i start the day off with making a list of what needs to get done. i thought about using the weekly planner this year, but i like the flexibility of a notebook right now.
for anything i schedule months in advance that i can’t forget (like the dentist) i add those right to my phone and make sure it emails me a day or two before.
what’s your favorite way to get organized? i love hearing how people use their calendar and planner and getting suggestions for new styles. i know for sure that there will be an extra large kraft calendar offered next year – i think at least once a week someone asks for one.
this week i hung up a christmas tree in my office to add a little cheer while i work. i also though i would send a little cheer your way.
save 25% off your order and receive a gift – a wrapped box or two of notecards. use the code NOTES at checkout (valid until december 14).
also, please note the following dates to make sure you receive your order before christmas.