almost every year since i started designing calendars there has been a short saying that goes with the year. this saying is usually included in the front of planners, on a pencil or on a postcard sent with orders. for 2015 the saying was “new adventures” and that is something i plan on doing soon.
in about a week i will be heading out west for a road trip. i’ve road tripped out west many years ago when i was in college so this time i plan on visiting some different places. there’s no set itinerary, but a few goals – to see buffalo, mountains and lots of stars. there will be some camping, hiking and exploring.
the shop will remain open, but there will be limited shipping from september 18 to october 4 – mostly planners, calendars, pencils and some stickers. the plan is to ship from the road when ever i have cellular reception and can find a post office.
all this is to say that if you are planning on ordering address labels, personalized notebooks or notecards now is the time to get them. use the code “ADVENTURE” and save 20% off orders of $15 or more. code is valid until september 16.
hope you get go on an adventure sometime soon!
the whole line up of 2016 calendars and planners will be online soon, but for those who want to start planning now the 2015/2016 academic planners are in the shop.
you have a bunch of options to choose from. you can get the original patterned booklet style, a patterned spiral planner or a kraft booklet style planner. there is now also an undated kraft monthly booklet style planner – start any month and on any day of the week.
a few notes about my view this month:
– the weather here has been gross out – hot and humid – and i have not been very productive. so, i moved my computer into what i call the production room since that is where the ac is. not sure i am much more productive, but at least when i turn on the ac it’s a much more comfortable work day.
– the black filing cabinet on the left is my favorite new edition to my workspace. it was my father’s flat file from his office and it housed all of the site plans he was working on. now i have it filled with hot stamp dies, large paper and it’s where the jars of pencils get wrapped and boxed.
– the pegboard on the right is from my trade show booth. i like to give things another use instead of keeping it in storage all year – of course when it comes time to ship it out again, i’m not sure what is going to happen with everything hanging on it. to the left of me is part of the old booth that i no longer use.
– if you listen to music, podcasts or movies while working i suggest getting some bluetooth headphones. so nice to just be able to go from room to room without having to make sure you have your phone or ipad with you.
alright, here’s a desktop for all of you who wish you were hanging out by the ocean instead of working.
this month there’s an extra option for all of you getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July this weekend – red, white and blue stripes.
hope you all have some fun adventures planned this month.
welcome may! another month, another desktop – both for my computer screen and for my computer to sit on. over the past couple of months i have slowly been moving Letter C to my house. i was working out of a building owed by my father and uncle, but they are retiring and the building is going up for sale. i still have some moving to do, but for the most part i am all settled in. i’m very hermit-like so it is nice working from home. it might not be a permanent solution, but for now it’s a good place to be.
a few notes about my desk this month:
1) the desk is at the end of the living room. i don’t mind looking at my desk when i’m not working, but the miss matched bookshelves housing labels, blank paper stock, files, printer, etc … is not that fun to look at so i hung these curtains to cover it.
— 1a) do not buy the cheapest curtains from IKEA – even if they are temporary. i’m pretty sure if i were to wash those curtains they would disintegrate in the washer.
2) notebooks are my favorite. most of those are samples or misprints filled with paper that came damaged, but they make me very happy to use.
— 2a) i’m working on a couple of new notebook sizes that i’m very excited about.
3) many years ago yellow used to be my favorite color. i think it is slowly making its way back to the top of my list.
4) my desk is not actually a desk. it is a folding table with large shelves placed on top so i don’t have to look at the folding table.
— 4a) once i am back from the National Stationery Show i plan on using the desk i am building for my booth (#2062).
here are your april desktops. i kind of forgot about this month until some contacted me looking for april – thank you! as you can tell from looking out my window spring is not quite here in connecticut yet, but the yellow desktop does brighten things up a bit.
if you get the Letter C newsletter, you have already seen this, but if not, i thought i should let you know that this month when you purchase a set of 3 mix&match travel notebooks and you will get a free set of 6 coordinating folded notecards. the extra cards are great to keep on hand or go ahead and give them as a gift to a loved one. no code necessary. offer valid until 3/31/15.
also, there’s some new mix&match patterns available on you can get on your notecards, notebooks and address labels. there’s also some new colors to choose from – including chic black & white.