happy may. the pattern this month is a favorite – lemonade. it’s adding a little bit of cheer to this dreary day. right now my desk looks is in front of one wall of the booth for the National Stationery Show. soon the whole booth will be set up as a test, product will be placed inside and then it will be torn down, packed up and driven to new york city.
here are some free desktops to brighten up your day.
here’s your computer desktop for march. add a little spring cheer or classic kraft to your computer.
notes about this month’s desktop
1. a couple of weeks ago i painted an old unloved framed piece of artwork my grandmother used to have. it was headed for the trash so i figured there was nothing to lose. i’m not sure yet what it will become, but for now just the coat of white paint and frame painted black is an approvement.
2. these flowers have been around for over a month. i am pretty sure the key to keeping them alive so long is a cold house.
3. earlier this year i bought a fountain pen and some ink. for writing i use a grey/black mixture, but i love taking the ink and brushing it on paper to title lists and important things.
4. catching up on sending out some thank you notes. these cards are good for anyone.
5. working on some new address labels. a new option is going to be assorted color packs.
here’s your computer desktop for february. add a little color and hugs & kisses with the XOXOX design to these winter days or go with the classic kraft.
notes about this months desktop
1. the walls have been painted. it is so much better than the old color. the white is a little grey for me so it might be painted again, but it should only take one coat.
2. the buffalo painting is back up. it’s one of my favorite things. first, it was painted by my niece from a photo from my trip out west last fall. second, it’s a buffalo.
3. the feel inspired jar was a gift from my nieces. there are some good quotes in there plus some fun memories.
4. the smile mug makes me happy – not because it has a smiley face on it – but because it was one of the two mugs i made my grandma coffee in everyday. she was very specific – instant, decaffeinated, and half full of sugar and milk.
5. have you seen the XOXOX pencils that are now available? they make a fun valentine’s day gift.
6. right now one of my big projects is working on the new collection of goods that will be ready in may. the first step is to go over what was popular and not so popular last year. then comes lots of sketching and lists.
7 the are some new reporter notebooks in the shop. i use the shopping list ones along with the any list app for grocery shopping.
happy 2016! here’s some desktops to help start the new year. hope 2016 is great to you.
some notes about this months desktop:
– i’m excited about using the larger calendar this year. even though i have the month on my computer it is usually covered by 12 different open windows so i never know what day it is. i know the days by shipping days and non-shipping days.
– i really need to paint the walls in this room. it is one of the two rooms in my house that isn’t white and this wall color jacks me up – but apparently not enough yet to actually paint the room. i think this might be the month i break out the tape and paint.
– the stormy pattern is the most popular planner cover choice (as or right now). i’m not sure if it’s the pattern or if it is blue. in the past blue has always been a popular choice. i like it because it’s this year’s interpretation of snow – and snow is my favorite.
– there is a new notebook size in the works. i’m kind of excited about it – small, square, has lots of paper and will have dot and liked paper. the larger notebooks have been in the wholesale catalog for awhile and will be online soon.
here are a few items to make decorating your dinner table easy. the “I’m Thankful for … ” place cards and pocket journals have been a hit for years. the cards work as place cards or if you have more food than table space, buffet markers.
the fork & knife list cards is something i have been using in the kitchen a lot lately. they are perfect for writing down my shopping list and recipes from the computer.
both of the journals make a great gift for your dinner guests or as a way to record your holiday memories.
need a wrap for your journal or silverware? here’s a download of the gold birch wrap shown above.
print it out and cut it up.